Thursday, August 23, 2007

Baking in Honor of Bette



Sea over at the delicious and detailed Book of Yum blog came up with a wonderful idea to honor the memory of the late Bette Hagman, aka the Gluten-Free Gourmet, the trail-blazing gluten-free cookbook author. Bette's cookbooks were the first we consulted when faced with Dan's celiac diagnosis and we own three of her cookbooks. Sea had the inspiration to organize a bake-off from Bette's recipes and I was delighted to try my hand at making something sweet to show her family my appreciation for all of her hard work and inventiveness in the kitchen.

I made the Mini-Sponge Cakes with Lemon Cream from her book "The Gluten-Free Gourmet Makes Desserts" which I bought as a Christmas present to myself this past year.

Thank you Bette. You made the Jagareski family's life a little sweeter.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

That does look yummy! What a great tribute.

Sea said...

lovely, just lovely. So glad you decided to participate!

-Sea
www.bookofyum.com